Can you mix competence in machine safety with unbeatable business acumen and customer-service orientation? Apply now!
Purpose of the role
As an Omron Machinery Safety Consultant, you will provide our clients with machinery safety assessments, audit consultancy services and training in the field of hazard elimination and risk reduction for their industrial machinery. You will be part of the European Omron Safety Service team for the Nordic region.
You will ideally be home office based in Denmark or Sweden, however, the role will require you to travel around the wider Nordic region, and at times to other European countries in support of your OSSE colleagues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The assessing and auditing client’s machinery for legal, regulatory, and EU normative compliance with respect to hazard identification and risk reduction methodologies.
- Be able to identify and propose practical and safe remedial or corrective actions to reduce risk in compliance with applicable standards by the preparation of conceptual safety designs, as well as a providing a wider extended range of associated machinery safety consultancy services.
- You will carry out business development visits to clients, identify client needs and prepare proposals for consultancy work to support their needs.
- You will manage the safety projects in your region in partnership with local Omron sales teams, our Industrial Solutions team, and when needed our Omron accredited safety system integrators, and solution partners.
- You will promote the sale of the Omron Safety Service product range and safety solutions by working closely with the regional Omron Nordic region sales team, and the wider European Omron Industrial Solutions team.
- You will provide training to our customers on machinery safety to help increase our clients machine safety competence, in conjunction with the provision of our consultancy and product solution portfolio.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Hold a university degree in an Electrical Engineering or technically related field;
- Have industrial experience in the field of machinery safety, either as a consultant, as a safety specialist in an end user organisation, or with a machine builder;
- Hold a professional safety certification and accreditation such as a TUV Functional Safety Engineer (FSEng), or be prepared to attain such status;
- Have experience in carrying out industrial machinery safety assessments, and the related processes acquired in a hardware sales, machinery safety applications, or a machinery safety consultancy role;
- Have experience and a substantial working knowledge of applicable directive’s, standards (EN, ISO, etc.) and local country regulations in the Nordic region for industrial machinery safety;
- Previous experience in a customer-facing, customer focussed role;
- A strong ‘problem solving’ mentality and skill set;
- You will work closely with your all your OSSE colleagues across Europe, therefore you will need to have the right personality, work ethic, commitment and passion to fit in to our team;
- Your colleagues will see you as: passionate about safety, self-driven, target and deadline oriented, punctual and reliable, having the ability to multi-task, and be able to manage changing priorities;
- You must have fluent written and spoken English, and any additional languages other than the language of your own country would be an advantage;
- Have the ability to travel on a weekly basis to varying locations around Europe;
- You must be in possession of a driver’s license.
- The opportunity to work in a highly successful, sales-oriented, international company providing the latest in innovative technology;
- The opportunity to be a part of a highly professional team, passionate about keeping people safe at work;
- A competitive basic salary with a performance oriented income and attractive fringe benefits;
- Exposure to personal development opportunities within the wider Omron organisation.
Omron Safety Service Europe (OSSE) is a team of experienced professionals located in various countries across Europe, consisting of a wide range of personnel including Consultant Safety Engineers, Health and Safety Specialists, Technical Assessors, Design Engineers and Project Engineers.
The Safety Service Team is covering the full scope of machinery safety; from assessing machinery, remediating and validating of machines on site with strategic partners, to the CE marking of machines both for industrial end-users and machine manufacturers.
If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, please apply through the application form including your resume in English. If you have any additional questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Annie Eldervik, HR Manager Nordics (recruitment_IAB@eu.omron.com).